Saturday, November 21, 2015

My Childhood Dream Came True! -- Siri told me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street

When I was little I had the idea that Sesame Street was at a hidden location and if you just had the directions you would be able to enter the magical world where Bert and Ernie and Big Bird and Oscar and Kermit all really existed. I always wished someone would tell me how to get there. 

Did you know that if you ask Siri how to get, how to get to Sesame Street, she will TELL YOU!


Oh my gosh!

And did you know there is only ONE Sesame Street in the world? It's in Melbourne! There is a Sesame Road somewhere in Pennsylvania. And Sesame Drive somewhere in California. But there is only ONE Sesame Street. 


My kids discovered this one evening when we were talking about Sesame Street and I put that on my bucket list of things to do while we are here. I made it happen the next weekend. 

It was a cloudy day. I was disappointed because going to Sesame Street is supposed to happen on a sunny day. But for real, the clouds were SWEPT AWAY while we were ON OUR WAY to Sesame Street. The magic was happening. 

It took over an hour to get there. Everything takes longer than any GPS will tell you. We finally got there! 

I really wondered if some smart city council would have a cute official Sesame Street looking sign where the (surely *loads* of) tourists would be able to come and take pictures. 

What are they thinking?

I was still just as happy as could be. You could say everything was A-OK. 
We even used our new selfie stick.


If I had known as a child that it was in Australia, I would have never stopped asking my mom to take me.
I can imagine the tears I would have cried when she told me no. 

Henry doesn't realize how lucky he is that he doesn't have to wait until he's all grown-up to go to Sesame Street.

Maybe he does. 

And isn't it totally interesting that Sesame Street is only a 10 minute drive from the Melbourne Temple? There are FRIENDLY NEIGHBORS THERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment