Sunday, December 27, 2015

Carols on the Coast

Every year Allen and I look at each other and wonder what we should do for Christmas Eve. Something special. Something to put a halt to all the hustle and bustle of shopping and gift buying and bring our focus to the Savior. We've tried something different every year.

This year I wanted to do something memorable and special to harness the warm weather we have and make a memory. I came up with Carols on the Coast. I invited some friends to join us on the beach to sing Christmas Carols around a campfire. 


Christmas Eve is also my brother's birthday and we've always had pizza for dinner that day since that's always been his pick. It's a good departure from the big Christmas meal we'll be having the next day. This time we grabbed some cheap Dominoes pizzas on the way to the beach and happily kept the tradition alive!

Henry is very comfortable on the beach. I had to race to keep up with him running across all the sandbars at lowtide.

Those clouds are storybook worthy.

Christmas "Star" sunset.


Fires aren't allowed so I created a fake one with solar Christmas lights. They are pretty handy! No need to plug them in, and they come on automatically when it gets dark. They're the best!

It doesn't matter that it wasn't real. We still just relaxed and stared into it.




We brought our guitar and some songs. I read the nativity story and we sang whatever we could. Until Henry melted down. The weather was perfect and the breeze was just enough to drown out any sounds from down the coast. It was a great evening and I was happy to have some other families join us. 
Sand Angel.

I think we need to find a way to keep this tradition every year. Even in Utah winter. I don't know how. But you know me. I'll find a way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment