Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Australian Weather patterns and predictions

Last year I started watching the weather forecasts for Melbourne before we arrived so I'd know what to expect. I thought I was getting inaccurate information because I'd see a day of 100F/40C, and then the next day was 62F/16C. I thought that couldn't possibly be correct. And if it was, I thought it wasn't likely normal.

It is.

Everywhere I've lived I've heard people say, "If you don't like the weather, just wait ten minutes."

None of these people have lived in Melbourne.

So here's the deal:


Pretty much 3-4 days out of every week are about 60F/15C.
In winter the other days of the week are colder.
In summer the other days of the week are warmer.

If you have winds from the south, it means it's going to get colder.
Winds from the north mean it's going to be warmer.

Got it?

If you wonder if you need an umbrella the answer is yes.

If you wonder if you need a jacket, step outside to check. For me it's usually a yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment