Sunday, February 26, 2023

The Wisdom of the Ocean



I take my heavy heart to the beach in the mornings. I try to imagine the waves carrying every little sorrow out to sea, tumbling them around in its powerful currents, and then bringing them back to me, all beautiful and polished. After walking the coast for an hour, I reluctantly turned to go home. I noticed footprints of all the other people who also came to the beach that morning. I wondered if they come for the same reason. Or maybe they've already learned some life lessons and are coming to bask in the wisdom of the ocean for the strength to start their day. When I reached the top of the hard to climb sandy entry, I turned to see all the footprints heading in every direction. I said a prayer for each set of tracks that they would all have strength for the journey of their day. And I prayed that I could be perhaps be the kind of person that helps them along their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment